- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes (with some of the fat still attached)
- 8 to 10 bamboo skewers
- 8 pita breads, warmed, for serving
- Feta Spread, for serving
In a large bowl, combine the onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, mint, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, and olive oil. Stir well. Add the lamb and toss to coat it with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Soak the skewers in warm water for about 1 hour before assembling the kebabs.
Preheat a grill to high, and lightly oil the grate.
Thread the lamb onto the soaked skewers, and place them on the grill. Cook, turning frequently to promote even browning, for 12 to 14 minutes.
Wrap a pita bread around the meat on a skewer, and while holding the bread firmly around the meat, twist the skewer out of the meat. Drizzle the meat with Feta Spread to your liking. Repeat with the remaining pitas and skewers, and enjoy!
Grilled Whole Fish, Greek-style
Greek Grilled Leg Of Lamb: Gyros
Greek Lamb And Potato Kabobs
Braised Lamb Shanks With Creamy Polenta
Northern Italian-Style Chicken Under a Brick
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes And Peasant Style Sauce
Leg Of Lamb Gascony Style
Greek Lamb Phyllo Triangles
Skirt Steak Marinated Asian Style