- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes (with some of the fat still attached)
- 8 to 10 bamboo skewers
- 8 pita breads, warmed, for serving
- Feta Spread, for serving
In a large bowl, combine the onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, mint, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, and olive oil. Stir well. Add the lamb and toss to coat it with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Soak the skewers in warm water for about 1 hour before assembling the kebabs.
Preheat a grill to high, and lightly oil the grate.
Thread the lamb onto the soaked skewers, and place them on the grill. Cook, turning frequently to promote even browning, for 12 to 14 minutes.
Wrap a pita bread around the meat on a skewer, and while holding the bread firmly around the meat, twist the skewer out of the meat. Drizzle the meat with Feta Spread to your liking. Repeat with the remaining pitas and skewers, and enjoy!
Grilled Whole Fish, Greek-style
Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with Mixed Herb Pesto
Whole Bronzini, Mediterranean-Style
Grilled Lamb Patties With A White Bean And Mint Relish
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Brazilian “Vinaigrette” Salsa
Grilled Sardines, Portuguese-style
Soft-shell Crabs On The Grill
Cuban-Style Roast Pork
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Greek Grilled Leg Of Lamb: Gyros