- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 medium oranges
- 8 ounces mesclun salad greens or spring greens mix
- 2 shallots, cut into thin rings (about 1/3 cup)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ounces soft, mild goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spread the walnuts on a small baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly colored, 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside until cooled slightly.
Cut away the peels from the oranges, leaving no white pith. Holding them over a small bowl, segment the oranges, catching any juices.
In a large bowl, combine the greens, orange segments, and shallot rings.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the reserved orange juice. Whisk to combine. Taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, tossing to coat it evenly. Add the goat cheese and chopped walnuts, and toss gently to combine. Season lightly with salt and pepper if desired, and serve immediately.
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, And Arugula Salad
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Carrot Ginger Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Shrimp and Chorizo Tapas
Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana
Caramelized Walnut, Goat Cheese And Arugula Salad
Broiled Catfish With Fresh Thyme, Garlic, And Lemon