- 8 skin-on, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- Brazilian “Vinaigrette” Salsa (recipe follows), for serving
- Brazilian “Vinaigrette” Salsa
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomato (1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (1/4-inch dice)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, Emeril at the Grill, HarperStudio Publishers, New York, 2009, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Preheat a grill to medium-low.
Season the chicken with the sea salt.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and bay leaf.
Place the chicken, skin side down, on the grill and brush it with the butter-garlic blend. Cook for 7 minutes. Turn the chicken over, baste it with more of the butter mixture, and cook for another 7 minutes. Turn the chicken skin side down, and cook for 7 minutes more. Turn it over one last time and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the deepest portion of the thighs registers 160° to 165°F, about 7 minutes longer. Remove from the pan, and serve with the “Vinaigrette” Salsa.
4 to 6 servings
Brazilian “Vinaigrette” Salsa
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Allow the salsa to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
Backyard Barbecued Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Carne Asada Mini Tortillas with Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
Grilled Sausages with Homemade Mustard
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Double Chili Cheeseburger with Griddled Onions
The Herbert Burger
Lamb Lollichops with Pickled Vegetable Chow Chow