- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced green-onion tops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced capers
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 very small cucumbers, such as Persian cucumbers (or fewer regular cucumbers)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, for garnish
- Fresh dill, for garnish
Combine cream cheese, green onion, shallot, capers, lemon juice and zest, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Gently fold in salmon and refrigerate while preparing cucumbers.
Peel cucumbers and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Using a small melon baller (such as a Parisian scoop) or the tip of a paring knife, hollow out most of the center area of cucumber slices, leaving a small well in which salmon spread will sit. The size of the cucumber will determine how many cups you get.
Peel eggs; cut in half and remove yolks. (Save whites for another purpose.) Working over a small bowl, press yolks through a medium fine-mesh sieve. (Alternately, you could grate yolks on a very fine grater.) Set yolk pieces aside until ready to serve.
Spoon salmon spread into cucumber cups and garnish with egg yolk and a tiny sprig of dill. Serve immediately.
Tuna Tartare In Phyllo Cups
Caramelized Salmon Deviled Eggs
Deconstructed Spring Rolls
Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Pistachio And Cheese-stuffed Figs
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Green Peas In Butter Sauce
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Duck Liver Pate: Terrine de Foies de Canard