- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced green-onion tops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced capers
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 very small cucumbers, such as Persian cucumbers (or fewer regular cucumbers)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, for garnish
- Fresh dill, for garnish
Combine cream cheese, green onion, shallot, capers, lemon juice and zest, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Gently fold in salmon and refrigerate while preparing cucumbers.
Peel cucumbers and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Using a small melon baller (such as a Parisian scoop) or the tip of a paring knife, hollow out most of the center area of cucumber slices, leaving a small well in which salmon spread will sit. The size of the cucumber will determine how many cups you get.
Peel eggs; cut in half and remove yolks. (Save whites for another purpose.) Working over a small bowl, press yolks through a medium fine-mesh sieve. (Alternately, you could grate yolks on a very fine grater.) Set yolk pieces aside until ready to serve.
Spoon salmon spread into cucumber cups and garnish with egg yolk and a tiny sprig of dill. Serve immediately.
Tuna Tartare In Phyllo Cups
Pistachio And Cheese-stuffed Figs
Edamame With Sesame Oil And Sea Salt
Caramelized Salmon Deviled Eggs
Deconstructed Spring Rolls
Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Emeril's Roasted Pimiento Peppers
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil