- 2 3/4 pounds acorn squash, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch rough dice (4 to 5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter, melted, plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup small-diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 red bartlett pears, cut into 1/2-inch rough dice (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss squash with clarified butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer squash to prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, or until golden and fork-tender. Remove from oven and set aside at least 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper and cook until onions are soft, about 2 minutes. Add pears and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until barely tender. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from heat. (You don't want to cook pears too long; you want them to retain their shape.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine roasted squash, rosemary, and braised pears with their cooking liquid. Toss gently to combine. Serve warm.
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Creamy Turnip And Parsnip Soup
Crispy Parsnip Chips
Braised Apples, Roasted Acorn Squash, And Fresh Thyme
Stewed Butternut Squash With Apples And Smoked Bacon
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese
Braised And Barbecued Pork Shanks With Spicy New Mexican Barbecue Sauce And Cheddar-jalapeno Cornbread
Apple Cider-braised Chicken And Cabbage