- 1 recipe Pie Crust dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Place the pie crust dough on a lightly floured work surface, and roll it out to form a round that is about 13 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Working carefully, fit the round into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Crimp the edges decoratively and then refrigerate the shell, lightly covered, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly coat one side of a piece of parchment paper with cooking spray, and position it, greased side down, on top of the chilled pie crust. Fill the crust with pie weights (dried rice or beans work fine) and blind-bake the crust until it is just set, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper, and using a pastry brush, immediately brush the crust lightly with the egg white. Set it aside until cooled, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Combine the pumpkin puree and all the remaining ingredients (except the whipped cream) in a large mixing bowl, and stir until well blended. Pour the filling into the pie crust, and bake until the custard is set and the crust is lightly golden, about 1 hour. (If the crust begins to brown too quickly, cover it with a rim of tented foil).
- Let the pie cool completely. Slice, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Caramelized Cane Syrup Sweet Potatoes
Braised Apples, Roasted Acorn Squash, And Fresh Thyme
Orange Cranberry Sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
Outstanding Rib Roast With Gremolata
Caramelized Onions and Potatoes au Gratin
Frisee and Arugula Salad with Pan Fried Oysters and Creamy Fennel Dressing
Turnip And Radish Slaw With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat And Chive Oil