- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or vegetable-olive oil blend
- 1 tablespoon minced mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, chives, and parsley)
- 8 ounces fresh arugula, rinsed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 6 to 8 thin slices prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. While continuously whisking, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated. Whisk in the herbs, and set aside while you prepare the salad.
In a large bowl, combine the arugula and red onion. Drizzle in 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette to taste, if desired, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
Arrange the cantaloupe wedges on a large serving plate, top with the arugula salad and the prosciutto. Serve immediately.
Helpful Hint: Any unused vinaigrette can be stored in a nonreactive, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Orange, Walnut, And Goat Cheese Salad
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Shrimp and Chorizo Tapas
Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Broiled Catfish With Fresh Thyme, Garlic, And Lemon
New York Strip With Beurre Maître D’hôtel
Peanut Butter–Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cantaloupe, Honeydew, And Sweet Onion Gazpacho With Crispy Prosciutto