- 8 hot dogs (organic, all-beef hot dogs recommended)
- 8 regular thin-cut bacon slices
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (about 2 small tomatoes)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon, tucking both edges under so that the bacon does not come unwrapped during baking.
- Place the hot dogs on a small baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the bacon is crispy and well browned. Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Stack the lettuce leaves on top of each other and roll up tightly. Thinly slice into ribbonlike strips.
- Place one hot dog in each bun and top with diced tomatoes and lettuce.
- Serve with mustard and mayonnaise or other desired condiments.