- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Italian Essence or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Herbed Rice Pilaf, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Herbed Rice Pilaf:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
For the Shrimp: Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with the Essence, Italian Essence, salt and black pepper.
Place the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and spread them evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and quickly turn. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the parsley and stir to combine. Serve immediately, spooned over Herbed Rice Pilaf.
Herbed Rice Pilaf: Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium oven safe saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until opaque (cloudy), and nutty in aroma, about 2 minutes. Add the scallions, thyme, chicken stock and salt and bring to a boil.
Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Using oven mitts or pot holders, transfer to the oven, and bake until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the pan from the oven and let sit, undisturbed, for 5 to 10 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups, 4 to 6 servings
Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Apricot Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Sausage Rice Pilaf Stuffing
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Real Deal Rice Pilaf
Aldie's Veal Chop With Arugula And Tomatoes
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Paneed Pork Medallions With Herbed Spaetzle And Brown Butter Sauce
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante
Cold Soba Noodles with Shrimp and Peanut Miso Dressing
Udon Noodle Stir-fry With Vegetables