- 3 cups peeled and diced pumpkin (1/4-inch diced)
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1/4 cup Steen's 100 percent Pure Cane Syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup julienne onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 cup shredded duck confit
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the diced pumpkin in olive oil and cane syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Place the pumpkin on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute for 6 to 8 minutes, or until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, bay leaves, and stock. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg and bring to a boil Reduce to a simmer and cook the soup until the pumpkin is very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup, and with a handheld blender, puree the soup until smooth. Slowly whisk in the cream. Whisk in the peanut butter. Reseason with salt and pepper, if necessary. Simmer the soup, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and ladle into shallow bowls.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chives, duck confit and pumpkin seeds. Mix well. Garnish each soup with the relish.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Duck Confit Relish
Turkey And Vegetable Soup
Mr. John's Seafood Chorizo Soup
Veal And Mushroom Stew Over Mascarpone Ravioli
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Cold Puree Of White Bean Soup With A Crispy Pancetta And Creole Tomato Relish
Crispy Confit Of Duck And Yukon Gold Potatoes With Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion And White Truffle Oil
Pumpkin Soup With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Crispy Sea Bass With Confit Of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pancetta And Fresh Sweet Peas
Corncakes With Confit Of Duck And Hot Pepper Jelly