- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- White pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick and roasted
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Mornay Sauce: Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan. Stir in the flour, increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 2 minutes, being careful not to let it brown. Whisk in the milk and heavy cream and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a gentle boil. Cook until the floury taste is gone and sauce is smooth and thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the Gruyere and stir until melted. Season with salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, chopped herbs, Parmesan, and olive oil.
Season shrimp with Essence. Layer shrimp and eggplant in a gratin dish. Cover with Mornay sauce. Top with bread crumb mixture. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Trout Amandine With Creole Meuniere Sauce
Emeril's Classic Seafood Gumbo
Blackened Red Fish With Emeril’s Quick Cabbage And Lemon Butter
Emeril’s New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
Classic New Orleans Remoulade Sauce
Seafood And Sausage With Essence Cream Sauce
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo
Emeril's Crawfish Pie