- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth, divided
- 1/2 onion, chopped, plus 1/2 onion, sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (about 16 spears)
- 1 pound kale, cleaned and trimmed
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for sauteing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 8 loin lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine water, white wine, 1/2 cup chicken stock, the 1/2 chopped onion, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer and add asparagus. Cook for 1 minute and then top with kale. Stir to combine and continue cooking until asparagus are tender. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a dish large enough to hold the lamb chops in a single layer, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and Essence. Add the lamb, turn to coat with the marinade and set aside for about 15 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes on 1 side. Turn, season again, and add rosemary, garlic, and sliced onion. Continue cooking until just firm and an instant-read thermometer registers 130 to 135 degrees F, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove chops to a platter and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock and red wine. Scrape up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add lemon juice and simmer until the mixture is reduced to a glaze, about 4 minutes. Add butter and swirl to thicken. Add the asparagus and kale mixture and toss to heat through.
- Serve 2 lamb chops per person. Drizzle with sauce and serve with the asparagus and kale on the side.
Shrimp Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Portuguese Style Trout
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Baby Lamb Chops With Mint Hollandaise
Roasted Lamb Chops Stuffed With Black Olives And Goatís Cheese
Baby Lamb Chops With Cucumber Mint Relish
Sauteed Lamb Chops With Peppers And Celery Root Mash