- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups Homemade Ponzu Sauce, or purchased ponzu sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 12 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 cups warm Sushi Rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchstick-sized strips
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled ginger
- To make the sauce, combine the wasabi powder and water in a saucepan and let bloom for 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup ponzu, the sake and grated ginger and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish and asparagus in a large baking dish. Pour the remaining ponzu sauce and the oil over the fish and asparagus and turn to coat evenly. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently, until lightly colored, 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately pour onto a plate to cool. Place a grill pan over medium heat until hot. Lift the asparagus from the marinade, place in the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a plate and cover with aluminum foil, shiny side down, to keep warm. Lift the fish from the marinade and place in the grill pan. Cook, turning once, until it turns opaque and just begins to flake, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- To serve, divide the rice among 4 bowls. Top with a piece of fish and some asparagus. Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce over the fish in each bowl. Garnish each serving with the sesame oil, green onions, avocado, cucumber, pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
Caramelized Salmon With Bok Choy And Asian Citrus Sauce
Coffee Nocello Glazed Duck With Foie Gras Fried Rice
Foie Gras Fried Rice
Asian Spiced Flank Steak With Shiitake Barbecue Sauce
Sesame Orange Beef
Seared Five Spice Duck Breast With Snow Peas And Watercress
Braised Beef Short Ribs With Red Beans And Sushi Rice
Shiitake Barbecue Sauce
Asian Citrus Sauce