- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 heads Roasted Garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal, for sprinkling on baker's peel
- 1 recipe Parmesan Pizza Dough
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 ounces grated fontina
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Crushed red pepper for serving if desired
- Gently heat milk in a small saucepan, just until barely simmering. Remove and keep covered.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter. When foam subsides, add flour and stir until smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Do not allow flour to color. Gradually add the warm milk, whisking to combine. Add the salt and cayenne and increase the heat to medium. Cook the mixture, whisking continuously, until the sauce comes to a boil and is thickened. Remove from heat and add 10 of the roasted garlic cloves. Pour the hot mixture into a blender, cover tightly, and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and cool slightly, placing a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the yellow cornmeal on a baker's peel or baking sheet. Place the rolled out pizza dough circle on the prepared baker's peel or baking sheet.
- Spread the cooled sauce over pizza dough, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Place sliced mozzarella on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining roasted garlic cloves (whole) over the cheese and top with the grated fontina and parmesan. Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly and golden brown in spots. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped herbs over the top and crushed red pepper if deired. Serve immediately.
Roasted Garlic White Pizza With Cheese Stuffed Crust
Rosemary And Salt Roasted Shrimp With Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
Pulled Pork Bbq Pizza
Sicilian Double Stuffed Pizza (sfincione)
Roasted Garlic White Sauce
Stuffed Roastedred Peppers In Roasted Garlic White Wine Broth With Angel Hair Pasta
Sausage Pizza With Caramelized Onions And Peppers