- 12 ripe figs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola
- 1/3 cup good-quality honey
- 4 pinches finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a paring knife, carefully trim any tough portion of the stems from each fig. Rub each fig all over with extra-virgin olive oil, then slice down through the stem about 3/4-inch. Make a second cut perpendicular to the first cut, so that you have an X-shaped cut in the top of each fig. Gently pry the edges apart and stuff each fig with about 1 teaspoon of the Gorgonzola. Place the figs upright on a baking sheet and bake until the figs are plump and shiny but have not burst, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle equal amounts of the honey on each of 4 serving plates and place the figs on top of the honey. Sprinkle each plate with a pinch of the chopped rosemary and some of the remaining Gorgonzola. Serve immediately.
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Fresh Fig Up-side Down Cake With A Hazelnut Ice Cream
Gorgonzola Stuffed Pears With Sauternes Drizzle
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Buttermilk Spice Cake With Fresh Apple Puree And Roasted Walnut Cream Cheese Frosting
Baby Arugula With Smithfield Ham, Maytag Blue Cheese And Fresh Fig Vinaigrette
Baby Arugula With Smithfied Ham, Maytag Blue Cheese, And Fresh Fig Vinaigrette
Roasted Garlic And Onion Soup
Ice Cream With Fig Compote Topping
Ricotta And Fig Pie With Brioche Crust