- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 3 pounds parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces raw bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, thinly sliced and soaking in cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a 6-quart stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions andcelery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the bay leaf and garlic.
- Add the stock and parsnips and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the parsnips are very soft, about 1 hour. Remove soup from heat. Discard bay leaf.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree soup until smooth. Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, render bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Fry the potatoes in bacon fat until crispy and brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer potatoes to paper towel lined plate when done. Season with salt.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish with the crispy potatoes, bacon and chives.
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Cream Of Leek And Potato Soup
Sweet Potato Chiffon Pie
Apple And Pecan Spoonbread
Garlic Potato Parsnip Puree
Crispy Fish With Salsify, Celery Root And Fennel Slaw And Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Andouille Potato Cakes With Fresh Corn And Tomato Salsa
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Fried Parsnip Nest And A Crab Meat And Wild Mushroom Relish
Au Gratin Sweet Peas
Grilled Fillet Of Beef With Blue Cheese Glacage, With Bacon And Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes And A Drizzle Of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce