- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baby Bam
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Italian Essence or other dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 hamburger buns
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the meat through a colander set over a bowl and return the meat to the pan. Discard the fat.
- Add the onion and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the red wine vinegar, stirring to loosen the browned bits on the bottom of the pan, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Baby Bam, Italian Essence, pepper, and salt. Stir to mix and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375Â°F. Place the buns on a baking sheet and warm in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Serve the Sloppy Joes by spooning 1/2 cup of the meat mixture onto the bottom half of each bun and top with the other half. Serve warm.