- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated provolone cheese
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 French baguette, about 20 inches long
- 1/2 cup Emeril's Kicked Up Tomato Sauce or your favorite red pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices (about 16 slices)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine the provolone and mozzarella cheeses in a small bowl.
- Carefully cut the baguette into four 5-inch-long sections.
- Cut off the top third of the bread horizontally and reserve top for another use. Using your fingers, gently scoop out and discard some of the soft, inner part of the bread, leaving a one-inch shell.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly among the bread shells, about 2 tablespoons for each sandwich, and sprinkle with the Baby Bam. Divide 2 cups of the cheese mixture among the 4 sandwiches and arrange the pepperoni slices evenly on top.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle the sandwiches evenly with the remaining cheese mixture, and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle each sandwich evenly with some of the Parmesan cheese. If you like, you can sprinkle with crushed red pepper for a spicy Pizzazy Pizza Sandwich (a pinch should be just right).
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce
Hot Out Of The Oven Bread
Check Out My Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Totally Sloppy Joes
It's A Good Morning Muffins
Totally From Scratch Biscuits
Fish In A Pouch
Emeril's Favorite Stuffed Shrimp
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples