- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 pound frozen green peas, not thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and simmer until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the salt and mint and stir.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peas to serving plates.
- Serve hot.