- 1 (10-ounce) box couscous
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted and roughly chopped shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted, whole, shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
In a large bowl, combine the couscous, raisins, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne. Pour the boiling water over the mixture, cover, and let stand until the water is absorbed and the couscous is puffed, about 6 minutes.
Uncover and fluff with a fork. Add the pistachios, mint, oil, orange juice, and orange zest. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.