- 1 plain angel food cake, baked and cooled
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Whole strawberries, stems removed, as garnish
- Using a serrated cake or bread knife, carefully cut the top 1-inch from the cake. Carefully remove and set aside. Using the tip of the knife, cut into the cake along the inner and outer edges, leaving a 1-inch border of cake intact. Using your fingers, carefully hollow out the cake between the two cuts, leaving an empty "tunnel". Tear the removed cake into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the condensed milk and beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of the liqueur. Gently fold in the cake pieces and strawberries. Spoon the mixture into the tunnel in the center of the hollowed out cake, and cover with the reserved cake top. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve the cake, whip the cream until it begins to form peaks Add the confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons of liqueur. Whip until the cream forms stiff peaks but is not dry. Frost the cake with the whipped cream and decorate with reserved whole strawberries. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour, or serve immediately.
Gail Gand's Tangerine Angel Food Cake With Tangerine Glaze
Angel Food Cake With A Fresh Lemon Curd
Angel Food Cake with Marinated Peaches
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Angel Food Cake With Marinated Peaches
Mascerated Strawberries Over Chocolate Shortcakes And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Wild Strawberries And Cream
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Sour Cream Apple Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake And Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches