- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- One-half cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper, or to taste
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (shells, penne, or bow-tie)
- One-fourth cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry until fragrant and lightly golden. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
Add the cream, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer the mixture until slightly thickened and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. If sauce seems too thick, add a bit more of the remaining chicken stock.
Remove from heat. Toss with the cooked pasta, and garnish with the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Navy Bean Soup
Fiesta Pumpkin Muffins
Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
Pumpkin Bread Sandwich With A Pumpkin Seed And Cream Cheese Filling
Fresh Tomato Sauce
Emeril's Split Pea Soup
Cold Puree Of White Bean Soup With A Crispy Pancetta And Creole Tomato Relish