- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- One-half cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper, or to taste
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (shells, penne, or bow-tie)
- One-fourth cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry until fragrant and lightly golden. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
Add the cream, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer the mixture until slightly thickened and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. If sauce seems too thick, add a bit more of the remaining chicken stock.
Remove from heat. Toss with the cooked pasta, and garnish with the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.