- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- One-half cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper, or to taste
- One-fourth cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (shells, penne, or bow-tie)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry until fragrant and lightly golden. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
Add the cream, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer the mixture until slightly thickened and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. If sauce seems too thick, add a bit more of the remaining chicken stock.
Remove from heat. Toss with the cooked pasta, and garnish with the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Pumpkin Bread Sandwich With A Pumpkin Seed And Cream Cheese Filling
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Navy Bean Soup
Graveyard Pudding With Whipped Cream Ghosts
Pumpkin-shaped Cheddar Crackers
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Fiesta Pumpkin Muffins
Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake