- 1 cup watercress, washed, patted dry, and chopped
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Two and one-half tablespoons Dijon mustard
- White pepper to taste
- 16 slices extra-thin wheat bread
- Combine the watercress, chopped eggs, mayonnaise, and Dijon in a bowl. Season with pepper and mix well. Spread the mixture on 8 slices of the bread and top with the remaining bread slices. Trim off the crust and cut the sandwiches in triangles or three strips, and cover with plastic wrap or a clean cloth while you work.