- One 1-pound globe eggplant, stem and bottom end trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound zucchini, stems and bottom ends trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow squash, stems and bottom ends trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 1 pound), roasted, with cores, seeds and skins removed
- 2 large yellow bell peppers (about 1 pound), roasted, with cores, seeds and skins removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 16 ounces fresh spinach, washed and stems removed, blanched and squeezed dry
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 cup tightly packed sundried tomatoes (not oil-packed), reconstituted in hot water and drained
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teapoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with olive oil. Lay the eggplant, zucchini and squash slices in a flat layer, slightly overlapping. Brush with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until soft and just golden around the edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate to cool. Repeat with the remaining vegetable slices.
In a large bowl combine the goat cheese with the basil, parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well.
In a 6-cup terrine (12 x 3 x 3-inches), arrange the eggplant slices across the bottom and over the sides, overlapping the slices to completely cover the terrine. Top with slices of red pepper, zucchini, squash, spinach and yellow pepper. Crumble a layer of the goat cheese mixture on top of the yellow pepper, and repeat layering with the remaining vegetable slices. Wrap the overhanging eggplant over the bottom of the terrine. Wrap the terrine loosely in plastic wrap. Top with an equal sized terrine, or a piece of cardboard wrapped in aluminum foil. Place a brick on top of the terrine and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator. Remove the weight and unwrap. Slice with a very sharp knife and serve 1 large or 2 thin slices per person with the Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce and toasted croutons.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, red pepper and black pepper, and puree on high speed. With the motor running, gradually add the oil through the feed tube and process until well combined.
Pour into a container until ready to serve with the Roasted Vegetable Terrine.
Yield: about 2 cups
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Warm Creole Cream Cheese And Goat Cheese Cakes With Sun-dried Tomatoes And Pesto
Veal Raviolis With A Morel Cream Sauce And Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Goat Cheese And Vegetable Ravioli In A Citrus-tomato Broth With Fresh Herbs And Melted Leeks
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Tomato, Zucchini, And Leek Galette With Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Pumpkin Gnocchi With A Brown Butter Sauce, Crisped Sage And Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano