- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and eyes removed, cored, and cut into eight 3/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coconut Ice Cream
- Sweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted, garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium and brush clean with a wire brush.
- In a saucepan, combine the rum, sugar, orange and lime juices, and simmer, stirring, to dissolve the sugar. Let cool.
- Place pineapple on the grill. Cook until lightly charred and golden, basting on both sides with the rum mixture, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and arrange 2 slices in each of 4 shallow bowls. Top the pineapples with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle a spoonful of the remaining rum glaze on top, and garnish with toasted coconut flakes. Serve immediately.
Italian Cream Cake With A Coconut And Pineapple Icing
Flambeed Pineapples With Coconut Ice Cream
Coconut Ice Cream
Cinnamon Rum Raisin Ice Cream With Fried Plantains And Spun Sugar
Tropical Fruit Beignet With Mango Coulis And Coconut Ice Cream
Coconut Mango Bread Pudding With Caramel Rum Sauce And Fried Coconut Strips
Pineapple Cream Pie With Coconut Crust
Orange And Rum Poached Pineapples With Vanilla Yogurt
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream
Coconut And White Chocolate Souffles With Mango-rum Sauce