- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces
- CHOCOLATE COCONUT ICING:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish, spreading the dough into the corners as necessary and bake until puffed and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the dish. Cut into bars, top with Chocolate Coconut Icing and serve.
- CHOCOLATE COCONUT ICING: In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a bare simmer over low heat. Place the chocolate pieces in a medium bowl. Remove the cream from the heat and whisk slowly into the chocolate. Add the vanilla and continue whisking until the chocolate melts and the sauce thickens. Fold in the coconut. Pour the icing over chocolate chip cookie bars and serve.
- Yield: 1 3/4 cups
Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Kicked Up French Toast
Yummy Wake Up Smoothie
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Jesse's Big Chocolate Chip Cookies With Peanut Butter Filling
Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chris' Kicked Up Spicy Walnut Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amy's From the Oven Chocolate Chip Cookies