- 1 cup Hot Sesame Drizzle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely shredded napa or white cabbage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) peeled crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons untoasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten in 2 separate bowls
- 8 egg roll skins
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry mustard, combined with 1/4 cup water
- Prepare the Hot Sesame Drizzle, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, celery, and cabbage and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and carrots and sautÈ, stirring and shaking the skillet, for 1 minute. Add the crawfish tails and sautÈ, shaking the skillet, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- To the crawfish mixture, add the sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, Creole Seasoning, and 2 of the eggs.
- Lay the egg roll skins on a flat surface and brush them with some of the remaining egg. Place one-eighth of the filling on one end of each skin, leaving a 1/4-inch border at the top and sides, and roll up, tucking in the ends after the first roll.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan or wok over high heat. When the oil is very hot, about 375?F, fry the egg rolls until theyíre crisp and golden brown, for about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- While the egg rolls are frying, reheat the Hot Sesame Drizzle over low heat, stirring once or twice.
- To serve, paint each of 8 dishes with a zigzag of mustard. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Hot Sesame Drizzle over the mustard, and top with an egg roll.
Hot Sesame Drizzle
Stir Fry Of Sesame Ginger Crawfish Over Fried Pasta
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream
Crawfish Rellenos With Red Bean Sauce
Steamed Ginger Shrimp Dumplings With Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Crawfish Stuffed Filet Mignon With Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Oyster Stuffed Turkey Roll With Sage Reduction Sauce
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante