- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 4 cups coarsely chopped assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, porcini, oysters, or lobster mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 pound (2 cups) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 1/4 cups Green Onion Coulis
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and the green and red bell peppers and sautÈ, stirring and shaking the skillet, for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and the salt and pepper, sautÈ for 1 to 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese with the eggs in a large bowl until very thick and frothy, for about 5 minutes. Beat in the cream, Gouda, sautÈed vegetables, and crabmeat. Mix until thoroughly incorporated and creamy, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake until firm, for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake, allow it to come to room temperature, for about 1 hour before serving.
- While the cheesecake is cooling, prepare the Green Onion Coulis.
- To serve, cut the cake in wedges with a warm knife and serve each wedge with about 3 tablespoons of the coulis.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With A Green Onion Coulis
Green Onion Coulis
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Quail Milton With Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles And Port Wine Sauce
Veal With Artichokes And Wild Mushrooms
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce