- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, chervil, and/or tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ripe Creole or other good-quality tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla
- 2 medium-size ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six 1/2-inch-thick slices
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and herbs. Whisk until well blended, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut the onion into thin slices or rings. Slice the avocados lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Season both sides of all of them with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange the tomatoes, onion, and avocados on a large platter along with the cheese and drizzle with the dressing.
Pan Fried Catfish With Andouille Smothered White Beans
Andouille Smothered White Beans
Crabmeat Omelets with Tasso Hollandaise
Delmonico's Guappo Salad
Fried Green Tomatoes With Lump Crabmeat And Daveís Ravigote
Crawfish Beignets With Tomato And Corn Tartar Sauce
Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Mushroom Risotto And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Caramelized Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Goat Cheese And Leek Cake With Lentil Salad