- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces GruyËre cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon kirsch, or other cherry brandy
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Rub the inside of a medium-size saucepan with the garlic and discard. Add the wine and lemon juice and heat for 1 minute over medium heat. Add the cheese cubes to the saucepan and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts completely, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and kirsch in a small bowl. Stir into the cheese mixture and continue to cook until it is smooth and slightly thick, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve in a fondue pot, or use a flameproof dish set over a small candle. Serve with a platter of accompaniments.
Accompaniments To Cheese Fondue
Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Mushroom Risotto And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Creole Cream Cheese And Praline Ice Cream
Goat Cheese And Leek Cake With Lentil Salad
Venison Chili Cheese Fries
Mini Grilled Truffle Cheese Sandwiches
Deep Dish Apple Cobbler With Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese
Goat Cheese Fondue On Country Style Bread