- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup Coco Lopez coconut cream
- 10 large egg yolks
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened flaked coconut, defrosted
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Espresso powder
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- With a sharp knife, scrape the vanilla bean and combine the pulp, the bean, the heavy cream, and Coco Lopez in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the bean.
- Beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer until fluffy and pale yellow. Gradually pour the hot cream into the eggs, mixing until completely incorporated. Strain the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl. Fold in the flaked coconut.
- Evenly divide the mixture among eight 6-ounce custard cups. Place the cups in a baking pan large enough to hold them comfortably. Fill the pan with enough water to reach three quarters of the way up the side of the cups. Cover the pan loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake until the centers set, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, garnish with sweetened whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and espresso powder.
Chocolate Coeur A La Cr»me
Coconut Cream Cake
Emerilís Profiteroles With Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Tropical Fruit & Macadamia Nut Wontons With Ginger Cr»me Anglaise
Chicory Coffee Cr»me Brulee
Crispy Fried Oysters With Caviar Cr»me Fraiche
Cashew-Crusted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Meringue
Boston Cream Pie
Individual Custard And Macaroon Tartlets