- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, about 3 large, scrubbed and boiled in skins until tender
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour
- Salted water for cooking gnocchi
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage eaves, minced
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Allow the cooked potatoes to cool slightly, then carefully peel while holding potato with a kitchen mitt.While still hot, puree potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool completely before proceeding. Add the pumpkin puree, cheese, egg, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper and mix well. Gradually add in enough flour to form a smooth, slightly sticky dough. Briefly knead the dough to incorporate the flour, being careful not to overwork.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces and place one piece on a lightly floured work surface. Roll piece into a long rope, about 1/2-inch in diameter, flouring lightly if needed. Slice the rope into pieces 1/2-inch wide. Holding one piece at a time, roll the tines of a fork against the dough until slight indentations are formed. Repeat with each piece of dough, setting formed gnocchi on a floured kitchen towel or baking sheet.
- Immediately add the gnocchi to the boiling water and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes once they have risen to the top. Remove the cooked gnocchi with a slotted spoon or skimmer and set aside briefly while making the sauce.
- In a skillet over high heat add the butter when pan is very hot. Let butter sit undisturbed until almost all melted and outside edges have begun to caramelize. Quickly swirl the skillet and add minced sage. Let cook for 30 seconds longer, season with salt and pepper to taste and add gnocchi to skillet to toss with sauce and rewarm if necessary. Serve immediately with shaved parmesan cheese.
Gnocchi With A Garlic Cream Sauce And Balsamic Glazed Pearl Onions
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Veal Raviolis With A Morel Cream Sauce And Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Seared Scallops On Wilted Watercress With Champagne Butter Sauce, And Parmesan Crisps
Sweet Squash Raviolis With Sage Brown Butter Sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli With A Sage Brown Butter Sauce
Seared Scallops With A Portobello Mushroom And Truffle Emuslion, Shaved Truffles And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Butternut Squash Gnocchi With Balsamic Brown Butter
Three Cheese Ravioli With Emeril's Red Pepper Sauce, Ricotta Salata And Crispy Sage Leaves
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil