- SHRIMP SALAD:
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt plus a pinch
- 3 tablespoons Zatarainís Concentrated Crab & Shrimp Boil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons One-Egg Mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 large or 4 medium Boiled Artichokes, cooled
- 3 cups assorted salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- Season the shrimp with the rub. Pour the water into a large saucepan and add the juice of the lemon and the lemon shells, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, and the crab and shrimp boil. Bring to a boil over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and remove from the heat. Let sit for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp. Let cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop the shrimp and mix together with the onions, parsley, celery, and green onions. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt, the mustard, mayonnaise, and white pepper. Add to the shrimp mixture and mix well.
- To prepare the artichokes, lay each artichoke on its side on a cutting board. Evenly trim the base and cut off about 1 inch of the top. Sit the artichoke on its base, spread apart the outer leaves, and carefully remove and discard the center section, including the choke.
- Divide the shrimp salad into equal portions and spoon into the center of the artichokes.
- Toss the greens with a pinch of salt, the olive oil, and black pepper. Divide into equal portions and arrange on plates,
- Place the artichokes on top of the greens and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.