- SHRIMP SALAD:
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt plus a pinch
- 3 tablespoons Zatarainís Concentrated Crab & Shrimp Boil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons One-Egg Mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 large or 4 medium Boiled Artichokes, cooled
- 3 cups assorted salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper
Season the shrimp with the rub. Pour the water into a large saucepan and add the juice of the lemon and the lemon shells, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, and the crab and shrimp boil. Bring to a boil over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and remove from the heat. Let sit for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp. Let cool slightly.
Coarsely chop the shrimp and mix together with the onions, parsley, celery, and green onions. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt, the mustard, mayonnaise, and white pepper. Add to the shrimp mixture and mix well.
To prepare the artichokes, lay each artichoke on its side on a cutting board. Evenly trim the base and cut off about 1 inch of the top. Sit the artichoke on its base, spread apart the outer leaves, and carefully remove and discard the center section, including the choke.
Divide the shrimp salad into equal portions and spoon into the center of the artichokes.
Toss the greens with a pinch of salt, the olive oil, and black pepper. Divide into equal portions and arrange on plates,
Place the artichokes on top of the greens and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.