- 6 Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes in a mixing bowl and season with the salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss thoroughly to coat.
Butter the bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish. Put half of the artichoke-potato mixture in the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the chopped onions, 1 teaspoon of the chopped garlic, and 1/4 cup of the cheese, and the flour. Top this with the remaining artichoke-potato mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup onions, 1 teaspoon garlic, and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour the milk over the mixture.
In a bowl, mix together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with the bread crumbs, parsley, and rub. Spread this topping evenly over the mixture. Bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender.
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Perfect Spiced Boiled Shrimp
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Smothered Mirliton and Shrimp
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Eggplant And Seafood Au Gratin