- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- 2 large soft-shell crabs, cleaned and rinsed gently in cool water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup (about 2 1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Season the flour with the rub. Dredge the crabs in the flour, coating evenly.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crabs, top side down. Cook for about 2 minutes, then turn them over and cook about 2 minutes more, or until golden. Remove from the heat. Transfer the crabs to a warm platter.
- In another nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the almonds and, shaking the pan back and forth, lightly toast them. Add the Worcestershire, lemon juice, parsley, and green onions. Stir for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the salt, black pepper, and cream. Stir to mix.
- Spoon the sauce over the crabs and serve.
Rustic Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Fried Soft Shell Crabs
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Brown Butter, Lump Crab Meat And Shiitake ñ Watercress Salad
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Grilled Soft Shell Crabs With Lumb Crabmeat Saute
Grilled Soft-shell Crabs With Lump Crabmeat Saute
Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Pesto Cream
Grilled Soft Shell Crabs