- 2 lemons, halved
- 4 quarts water
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons Zatarainís Concentrated Crab & Shrimp Boil
- 3 pounds large shrimp with heads or 2 1/2 pounds headless shrimp
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons into a large pot. Add the halves. Add the water, bay leaves, salt, cayenne, and Zatarain’s liquid boil. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Return to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before serving.