- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions plus 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Put the beef in a mixing bowl and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper, the cayenne, and the chopped onions. Mix well with your hands. Make 12 meatballs. Insert a clove of garlic in the center of each and pinch the beef around it. Combine the flour with the rub in shallow plate. Roll the meatballs evenly in the flour mixture. Reserve any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the meatballs and brown evenly, using a spoon to turn them. With a slotted spoon, remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the reserved flour mixture. Stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, make a dark brown roux, the color of chocolate.
- Add the sliced onions, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and the bay leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are very soft. Add the water and mix well to combine. Bring to a boil and return the meatballs to the pot. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 1 hour. Skim off any fat that has risen to the surface. Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the parsley and serve immediately.
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Braised Brisket Of Beef With Horseradish Sauce
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Beef And Horseradish Salad
Potato Salad With Roasted Garlic Dressing
Chicken And Dumplings