- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the sugar, water, orange juice, cornstarch, and orange zest.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the blueberries and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the berries have burst, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and spoon or ladle over warm Ooey Gooey Blueberry "French Toast."