- 1 ripe honeydew melon, about 3 pounds, inner flesh cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons melon liqueur (recommended: Midori)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or more if desired
- 2 tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1 cup ripe cantaloupe balls
- 4 grissini (thin breadsticks)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, Serrano, or other mild ham
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche, garnish
- Mint, for garnishing
- In 2 batches in a food processor, puree the melon, mint, 2 1/2 tablespoons of the liqueur, lime juice and sugar. Taste for acidity, you may add more lime juice here if desired. Place in a pitcher or bowl and refrigerate until well chilled.
- In a bowl, toss the cantaloupe balls with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon liqueur and let macerate in the refrigerator.
- Cut each breadstick in half crosswise and wrap each piece with a slice of ham.
- To serve, ladle the soup into 4 shallow bowls. Swirl 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crËme fraiche into the center of each serving and arrange a portion of cantaloupe decoratively in each bowl. Arrange 2 breadsticks on the rim of each bowl, and serve. Garnish with fresh mint springs.
Cold Cucumber Soup With Louisiana Oysters On The Half Shell And Osteria Caviar
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocados And Fried Tortillas
Chilled Avocado Soup With A Crabmeat Relish
Cilantro Potato Salad
Emeril’s Delmonico Peach Salad
Lemon Curd Tart With Fresh Blueberries
Grilled Shrimp With Mango Salsa
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Chicken And Rice Soup
Melon And Pineapple Agua Fresca