- 1 ripe honeydew melon, about 3 pounds, inner flesh cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons melon liqueur (recommended: Midori)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or more if desired
- 2 tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1 cup ripe cantaloupe balls
- 4 grissini (thin breadsticks)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, Serrano, or other mild ham
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche, garnish
- Mint, for garnishing
- In 2 batches in a food processor, puree the melon, mint, 2 1/2 tablespoons of the liqueur, lime juice and sugar. Taste for acidity, you may add more lime juice here if desired. Place in a pitcher or bowl and refrigerate until well chilled.
- In a bowl, toss the cantaloupe balls with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon liqueur and let macerate in the refrigerator.
- Cut each breadstick in half crosswise and wrap each piece with a slice of ham.
- To serve, ladle the soup into 4 shallow bowls. Swirl 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crËme fraiche into the center of each serving and arrange a portion of cantaloupe decoratively in each bowl. Arrange 2 breadsticks on the rim of each bowl, and serve. Garnish with fresh mint springs.
Fennel Tomato Soup With Parmesan Fennel Breadsticks
Cold Cucumber Soup With Louisiana Oysters On The Half Shell And Osteria Caviar
Chilled Avocado Soup With A Crabmeat Relish
Cheddar Cheese and Beer Soup with Tempura Broccoli Florets
Rice Salad with a Soy Citrus Vinaigrette
Grilled Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Soup with Grilled Pancetta
Proscuitto And Melon Salad With A Drizzle Of Balsamic Syrup
Grilled Tuna with Melon Salad
Cilantro Potato Salad
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With A Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce