- 1 large egg
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Italian Essence or other dry Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Baby Bam
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Butter or nonstick cooking spray if using aluminum foil
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one half of a 17.3-ounce package)
- Position rack in the center of oven and preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- Line three large baking sheets with parchment paper. (Alternatively, line the baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.)
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature covered by a clean kitchen towel, about 30 minutes.
- While the pastry is thawing, combine the cheese, olive oil, Baby Bam, Italian Essence, and garlic in a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg with a fork and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently unfold the pastry.
- Dust the pastry lightly with flour and, using a rolling pin, roll into a 14 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Cut the pastry in half to form two 7 by 10-inch rectangles.
- With the back of a spoon, spread the herb-cheese mixture evenly across one rectangle.
- Lay the second rectangle across the cheese-coated piece, egg side down.
- With the rolling pin, lightly roll the two sheets together to seal.
- With a large knife, cut the sheets crosswise into strips, about 1/3 inch wide each. (Alternatively, you can use a pizza wheel to cut the strips.)
- One at a time, grab the ends of each strip and twist in opposite directions to form a spiral.
- Transfer the twists to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the twists until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the twists cool on the sheets until cool enough to handle.
- Serve the twists either warm or at room temperature.