- 2 eggplants (about 2 pounds),peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-chopped rinsed anchovies (optional)
- 1/2 cup good-quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Peasant bread, sliced for serving
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400º F.
In a colander toss eggplant slices with about 1 tablespoon salt, cover with a small plate, weight, and leave to drain 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. Meanwhile preheat grill. Brush eggplant slices with oil and grill about 3 minutes per side or until tender.
Transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and roast in the oven, covered with aluminum foil, until tender about 35 minutes.
Remove from the oven and when the eggplant is cool enough to handle, transfer it to a food processor and pulse it to a thick puree.
In a serving bowl combine eggplant with remaining ingredients except feta and bread. Adjust seasonings to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with good bread and sprinkle with Feta cheese.
Spicy Cocktail Nuts
Belgian Endive Stuffed With Crabmeat Ravigote
Corncakes With Confit Of Duck And Hot Pepper Jelly
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Caramelized Salmon Deviled Eggs
Duck Liver Pate: Terrine de Foies de Canard
Mille Feuille Of Benne Wafers And Pineapple Pastry Cream With Macerated Berries
Lump Crabmeat Remick With Saffron Rice Pilaf
Arugula And Prosciutto Salad With Pears, Blue Cheese And Pecans