- 1 large round bread loaf, 8- to 9-inches in diameter
- 1 cup Creole olive salad
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cappicola, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mortadella, or deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pickled pepperoncini, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice bread loaf in half, horizontally, and remove enough of crumb to make room for fillings. Layer the olive salad, meats and cheeses on bottom half of bread, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Replace top half of bread and wrap sandwich in aluminum foil.
Bake until muffaletta is warmed throughout and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.The sandwich can also be served at room temperature. Allow it to sit for at least 1 hour for the flavors to marry and the oil to soak into the bread.
Cut in pieces to serve.
Emeril's Crawfish Pie
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Emeril's Classic Seafood Gumbo
Shrimp Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Blackened Red Fish With Emeril’s Quick Cabbage And Lemon Butter
Classic New Orleans Remoulade Sauce
Trout Amandine With Creole Meuniere Sauce
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Emeril’s New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp