- 1 large round bread loaf, 8- to 9-inches in diameter
- 1 cup Creole olive salad
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cappicola, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mortadella, or deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pickled pepperoncini, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice bread loaf in half, horizontally, and remove enough of crumb to make room for fillings. Layer the olive salad, meats and cheeses on bottom half of bread, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Replace top half of bread and wrap sandwich in aluminum foil.
Bake until muffaletta is warmed throughout and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.The sandwich can also be served at room temperature. Allow it to sit for at least 1 hour for the flavors to marry and the oil to soak into the bread.
Cut in pieces to serve.
Emeril's Crawfish Pie
Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
Soft Shell Crab Po Boys
Natchitoches Meat Pies
Quail And Smoked Sausage Christmas Gumbo
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Slow-Cooked Cochon de Lait Po’Boy
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce