- For the Cake:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Icing:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pound confectionersí sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- FOR THE CAKE: Grease a 1/2 sheetpan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter, shortening, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil. Stir the liquid mixture into the sifted mixture. Mix well. Add the eggs, soda, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well. Spread evenly into the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- FOR THE ICING: In another saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and whisk well. Add the vanilla. Pour the icing over the warm cake. Sprinkle the pecans over the frosting. Allow the cake to sit until the frosting is set, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, place a slice of the cake in the center of each serving plate. Place a scoop of the ice cream in the center of each slice of cake.
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake†with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chicory Coffee Ice Cream
Milk Chocolate And Coffee Kahlua-spiked Ice Cream Bonbons
Chocolate Pound Cake And Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches
Mr. Lou's Chocolate Brownie And Coffee Ice Cream Sandwich
Buttermilk Spice Cake With Fresh Apple Puree And Roasted Walnut Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Praline Tart with Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Cake
Pound Cake With Ice Cream And Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup