- Tortilla chips, for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup canned, chopped mild green chiles
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 pound), shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces white Cheddar cheese (1/2 pound), shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion and Baby Bam and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, if using, and garlic and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheeses and chiles. Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, white pepper, and salt and serve immediately with tortilla chips.