- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup canned creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 400ÂºF.
- Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with the 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy, about 1 minute. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and the sour cream and whisk until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the creamed corn into the egg mixture and set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt into another medium bowl.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until combined.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the hot skillet from the oven. Carefully pour the cornbread batter into the skillet.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, return the skillet to the oven and bake the cornbread until it is a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the skillet from the oven and let cool briefly before serving. Serve warm with butter.
It's A Good Morning Muffins
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread
Totally From Scratch Biscuits
Basically Buttery Cookies
Hot Out Of The Oven Bread
Never Enough Dinner Rolls
Emeril's Favorite Stuffed Shrimp
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples
Best Baked Tomatoes
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce