- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 large daikon radish (about 1/2 pound), peeled and julienned
- 2 small or 1 large zuchhini, julienned
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Pinch cayenne, optional
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Combine the carrots, radishes, zucchini, paprika, and chili garlic sauce in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool to room temperature.
- Add the cooled vinegar mixture to the vegetables and stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature at least 8 hours or overnight. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Kim Chee will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.)