- 1/2 pint whole milk
- 2 tablespoon fine dried bread crumbs
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 2 ounces ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- One lemon, zested
- 2 dozen round puff pastry shells, (1 to 2 inches in diameter)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the milk and bread crumbs. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, combine the bread mixture, butter, almonds, sugar, eggs and zest. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350ÂºF.
- Fill each pastry shell with a tablespoon of the filling. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and serve.