- 15 avocados, halved, seeds removed, and scooped from the shell
- Leaves of 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Freshly squeezed juice of 10 limes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion, or more to taste
- Minced jalapeño peppers, to taste, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Combine the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, red onion and jalapeño (if desired) in a nonreactive mixing bowl and mash using the tines of a fork until the guacamole reaches the desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate with a piece of plastic wrap pressed directly onto the top until you are ready to serve.
Serve with tortilla chips.