- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion tops
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cooked long or medium-grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for sprinkling and garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and pork, and cook until browned, stirring with a heavy wooden spoon to break up lumps, about 6 minutes. Add onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, green onion, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Add rice and 1/4 cup chicken stock, Worcestershire, and Parmigiano, and stir well. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle Parmigiano over the top. Place in oven and bake until top is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with additional Parmigiano and serve.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Holiday Sides
Mr. John's Meatloaf
Wild Rice, Sausage, and Apple Dressing
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Cherie's Cornbread Stuffing
Steamed Brussels Sprouts
Broccoli With Seriously Cheesy Sauce
Stewed Butternut Squash With Apples And Smoked Bacon
Green Peas In Butter Sauce