- 2 3/4 pounds acorn squash, peeled (see note), halved, seeded, and cut into roughly 1/2-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup diced red onion (small dice)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 Fuji or Gala apples, cut into roughly 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the squash with the melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Transfer the squash to the prepared baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and fork-tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper and cook until the onion is soft, about 2 minutes. Add the diced apples and the chicken stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the apples are barely ten- der. (Don’t cook the apples too long you want them to retain their shape.) Remove from the heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the roasted squash, the thyme, and the braised apples with their cooking liquid. Toss gently to combine, and serve warm.
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Pumpkin Custard Pie
Caramelized Cane Syrup Sweet Potatoes
Wild Rice, Sausage, and Apple Dressing
Frisee and Arugula Salad with Pan Fried Oysters and Creamy Fennel Dressing
Roasted Acorn Squash And Braised Pears
Sugar And Spice Acorn Squash
Outstanding Rib Roast With Gremolata
Bacon And Herb Roast Turkey Breast